Piercan USA, Inc. manufactures Natural Rubber latex bladders used in bladder molding for the Carbon Composite industry. Bladder molding is the process of manufacturing a composite part using an inflatable device (latex bladder) inside a female mold to ensure compaction during the cure of the carbon layup resulting in the finished carbon piece.
- Up to 500% elongation and 500 psi
- Reusable up to 7 times
- Precise dimensional control of carbon fiber
- Excellent surface finish eliminating second hand finishing
- Temperature Limit: 300°F - Cure Duration: 30 mins.
- Size of Mold: Largest dimension cannot be more than 5x smallest dimension
- 3-5% shrinkage from mold to finished bladder
- Production Molds
- Aluminum required
- Prototype Molds
- Engineering team on-site to assist with design and material approval
- CAD drawing required